Friday, June 20, 2008

Wedding Season - Thailand May 2008



In May, we also went to a wedding for my cousin, Thon and her fiance, Oak. It was at the Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok. It was a very lovely wedding with over 400 people. Again, lots of great food and Aaron and I even met a member of the Thai Parliament. Thai weddings are alway interesting and filled with surprises.

Since we were in Thailand, Aaron and I did some sightseeing with my mom at a royal museum. We saw a very unique exhibition of art masterpieces from the royal family. The collection included many artifacts made with embossed gold, green beetle wings, gold nielloware, damascene, enamel, and gold and silver. We also saw pictures made with woven silk and various silver and gold art pieces. Unfortunately, I could not take any pictures except for the pictures above of the museum building.
We also went with my grandmother, mother and her friends to a special outdoor food market on the outskirts of Bangkok. There was very tasty desserts and unique fruits. Aaron really liked tasting everything. We bought a lot of snacks like the coconut milk ice cream that I am holding above. Yum!!

No comments: