
We went to Hong Kong in May for a wedding. Our friends, Alan and Ann, who also work for Aaron at Calypso were married at Hong Kong City Hall and then they had a wonderful reception at the Shangri La Hotel. It was traditional Chinese meal with 14 courses. The food was really great but it was alot of food. I was too full. Ann, the bride, wore 5 dresses throughout the day. The guests also played mahjong (Chinese Tile Game) in a side room. I guess it is tradition. I did not join in because I was a bit intimidated. Overall, it was a beautiful wedding and we had alot of fun. In addition, we went to Victoria Mountain where we took a break between the afternoon ceremony and the evening reception.

After the wedding, we stayed an extra day to visit local sights and do a little of shopping. As always, we had Dim Sum at a local restaurant and checked out the wet market. Of course, Hong Kong was filled with roast duck, roast pork, soy sauce chicken, steam chicken, etc. Chicken and Ducks were even hanging at restaurants at the airport. It totally reminded me of Chinatown in the states.


No comments:
Post a Comment