Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our trip to the 2008 Beijing OIympics


Well we made it to Beijing to see the Olympics and it was the best experience ever. We were there for 8 days and we saw 7 Olympic Events including the 4X100 Men's Freestyle Relay win the gold medal. We saw many of the traditional sights such as the Great Wall of China, The Forbidden City, The Temple of Heaven and the Summer Palace. We also saw the new sights such as the Bird's Nest Stadium, the Water Cube and the Egg. The food in Beijing was awesome and we did a little shopping at the Pearl Market, Jade Factory and Cloisonne Factory. Beijing was very clean and if you are wondering how the pollution was see the two pictures below.















The first picture was taken the first day we arrived in Beijing and the second picture was taken in the middle of our trip. A few days after we arrived, there was a heavy rainstorm that cleared the sky up. It’s amazing the big difference in weather and temperature after it rained. So our trip was quite beautiful and we were breathing pretty good air.

If you would like to see more pictures of our trip, I was able to condense our abundance of pictures to only 3 slideshow albums showing our trip every few days. I know still alot of pictures but please watch them at your leisure. We also have a couple video clips for you to see. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaron & Lara.
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I felt like I was there without having to spend all the money to do it! : )
Thanks so much for the gifts you sent to the boys from your trip. Even though there was Christmas paper on them, of course they've already been opened! Ha ha. Ed and I will wait though to open ours. : )
Love you guys.